Welcome to the Piemonte Sausage Website!
We are excited to have a way to communicate with you regularly to alert you to new products and new locations for our sausage products.
We would also like to hear from you.
Have questions? Contact us through our Website.
Like our sausage? “Like” us on Facebook @PiemonteSausage
Want to know the latest about Piemonte Sausage? Follow us on Twitter
Salsiccia Risotto with Summer Vegetables
4 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3/4 pound Piemonte Sausage – Bernie’s Sweet, Hot or Fennel and Hot Italian Sausage with casing removed.
3 Tablespoons water
5 Tablespoons Unsalted butter (separated)
1 small onion, cut into fine dice
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 cups arborio rice (14 ounces)
1/2 medium zucchini cut into half inch pieces
1/2 yellow summer squash cut into half inch pieces
1-2 teaspoons kosher salt (to taste)
5 cups baby spinach (5 ounces)
3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese (+ extra for topping)
Freshly ground black pepper
- Turn a 6-7 quart slow cooker to high.
- In a saucepan, bring the chicken broth to a simmer.
- In a skillet, cook the sausage with the water over moderately high heat, break up the sausage with a spoon until the water has evaporated and the sausage is browned (approximately 10 minutes).
- Transfer sausage to slow cooker.
- In the same skillet that sausage was browned, melt 3 Tablespoons butter. Add the onion and cook over moderate heat until translucent (about 4 minutes). Add wine and cook, scraping any browned sausage left in the pan until the wine is reduced by half (about 2 minutes). Stir in the rice and cook until all the wine is absorbed. Scrape the rice into the slow cooker.
- Add the hot chicken broth, zucchini, summer squash and salt. Cover and cook for 1 hour. Stir the mixture once after 30 minutes. The risotto is done when the rice is al dente and most of the liquid is absorbed.
- Turn off slow cooker.
- Stir the spinach into the risotto in the slow cooker until just wilted. Stir in remaining 2 Tablespoons of butter the 3/4 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese.
- Season with black pepper, top with additional cheese and serve immediately.
We use locally sourced all natural meats, fresh herbs and spices.
Like the family sausage makers before us, we grind and blend all our own spices and herbs for each sausage variety, creating a more flavorful sausage. No premixed flavorings for Piemonte Sausage.
A delicious and unique antipasto for summer parties or picnics…
Grilled Luganeca (Coil) Style Sausage
1-1.5 lbs. Piemonte Sausage (your favorite luganeca variety)
- Heat the grill to medium.
- Remove sausage from package and insert skewers through sausage. (See picture above.)
- Place whole length of coiled sausage with skewers inserted on grill.
- Turn sausage using tongs (try not to pierce casing) when browned on one side.
- Grill sausage coil until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Remove skewers and serve on a small plate. Provide a knife for guest to cut off their desired serving.
- Serve with Italian Bread and Grilled Vegetables as an antipasto..
All of our sausages taste great on the grill or roasted in the oven. They are perfect for summer picnics or simple dinners that satisfy everyone…
Grilled Linked or Patty Sausage
1-1.5 lbs. Piemonte Sausage (your favorite link or patty)
- Heat the grill to medium.
- For linked sausage, remove from package, cut to desired length.
For patty remove from package and place directly on grill.
- Place on grill.
- Turn sausage using tongs (try not to pierce casing) until internal temperature reaches 145 degrees F.
- Enjoy with your favorite bun or naked with your favorite condiments (hot mustard, horseradish, wasabi).
New Line of chicken sausage! for summer grilling…
Piemonte Sausage is introducing their new line of chicken sausages for Summer 2015. Four distinctive varieties of sausage are here for your grilling enjoyment from May to October. You can find them at Common Ground Food Co-op and Prairie Fruits Farm and Creamery, Urbana and Cheese and Crackers, Champaign;:
POLLO & MELA (CHICKEN & APPLE SAUSAGE): Light and delicious…Our chicken and apple sausage is extra tasty. Apples, herbs and spices combine to complement the natural chicken. It is hand-crafted in a natural sheep casing. (Available in links)
POLLO MAROCCHINO (MOROCCAN CHICKEN SAUSAGE): Take a trip with your taste buds… Our Moroccan Chicken Sausage is an exotic blend of Mediterranean and North African flavors. It is a fusion of distinctive herbs, spices and chicken in a natural sheep sausage casing that is sure to delight your palate. (Available in links.)
POLLO, JALAPENO & BASILICO (CHICKEN, JALAPENO & BASIL SAUSAGE): Light and spicy, full of summer flavor… Our chicken, jalapeno and basil sausage incorporates fresh ingredients from the summer garden to complement this chicken sausage in a natural sheep casing. (Available in links.)
POLLO & POMODORI SECCHI (CHICKEN & SUNDRIED TOMATO SAUSAGE): Sun dried tomatoes and chicken, perfect summer flavors… Our chicken sausage with sundried tomatoes, fresh basil and wine give this chicken sausage in a sheep casing a light, distinctive flavor. A favorite of the people of the Calabria Region of Italy. (Available in links.)
Try them all!
for summer grilling…