Active: 15 min
Yield: 4 servings
- – turkey sausage is optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs
- Add the broccolini during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and broccolini.
- Meanwhile, roll the sausage meat into about 20 small meatballs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels. Pour off any drippings from the skillet.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the pasta, broccolini and meatballs.
- Whisk the egg with the reserved cooking water in a small bowl, then add to the skillet and stir until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta among bowls.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
Recipe adapted courtesy Food Network