Favorite pairings at our latest tasting of sausage and condiments:
Chimichurri Lamb sausage and all of these #1 Lowensenf Bavarian Style mustard, #2 Stonewall Kitchen Sriracha Aioli and #3 Sir Kensington’s Dijonnais.
Plus spicy Merguez Goat Sausage paired with ESCH Tall Ship Sweet and Tangy BBQ Sauce from World Harvest International and Gourmet Foods.
Top two sold today Lowensenf mustard and the ESCH BBQ Sauce!
143 lbs, 12 cases of 8 types of sausage delivered to Cheese & Crackers , Common Ground Food Co-op and Pizzeria Antica. Thanks guys!
Where to find us: http://piemontesausage.com/where-to-buy/
Optional to add other spring veggies to the dish.
- 4 spicy sausage, like italian (Hot sausage works very well in this dish)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup any color sweet pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- A package fusilli, a package rigatoni pasta (3 cups) or a package ziti pasta (3 cups)
- .25 cup of fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- .25 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Cook the pasta accoring to instructions and drain. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile remove sausage meat from the casings.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat., add sausage meat, garlic, salt & chopped onions, stir to crumble meat
- Cook about 6 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes to the meat mixture, turn heat to high and bring to a boil, add peppers.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in drained, cooked pasta, mint & basil.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
2 teaspoons olive oil
8 pork sausages (Bernie’s Classic Fennel & Hot)
4 slices of thick bacon (or 2 middle bacon rashers, rind removed, chopped)
- 1 tsp fennel (Add this if you choose to use another type of sausage like a sweet flavor.)
1 brown onion, chopped
1 leek, trimmed, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tablespoon plain flour
2 carrots, thinly sliced
2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
8 potatoes, halved
3 cups salt reduced chicken stock
1 cup frozen peas
1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
Step 1: Heat oil in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook sausages, turning, for 10 minutes or until just cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
Step 2: Add bacon and fennel seeds to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add onion, leek and garlic. Cook for 5 minutes or until leek has softened. Stir in flour. Add carrot, celery and potato. Cook, stirring for 1 minute. Add stock, stirring until smooth and combined. Bring to the boil.
Step 3: Reduce heat to low. Simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes or until potatoes are almost tender. Cut sausages into .25″ thick slices. Return to pan. Cook for 10 minutes or until sausages are heated through and potatoes are tender. Stir in peas. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until peas are bright green and tender.
Stir in parsley. Serve.
Active: 15 min
Yield: 4 servings
- – turkey sausage is optional
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook as the label directs
- Add the broccolini during the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Reserve 1 cup cooking water, then drain the pasta and broccolini.
- Meanwhile, roll the sausage meat into about 20 small meatballs.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and cook, turning occasionally, until browned and cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels. Pour off any drippings from the skillet.
- Add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, the garlic, red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the pasta, broccolini and meatballs.
- Whisk the egg with the reserved cooking water in a small bowl, then add to the skillet and stir until the sauce thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Divide the pasta among bowls.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and drizzle with olive oil.
Recipe adapted courtesy Food Network