/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/piemonte-sausage-logo-300x110.png 0 0 Claude Cole /wp-content/uploads/2018/04/piemonte-sausage-logo-300x110.png Claude Cole2017-01-27 11:59:452017-01-27 12:06:06It's time for Chili
It’s time for Chili
Slow-Cooked Chunky Chili Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage try Bernie’s Classic Hot or Cantalupo
- 4 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and with green chilies (optional), undrained
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- Chopped red onion, optional
- Sour cream, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours or until vegetables are tender. If desired, serve with shredded cheese, chopped onion and sour cream.
- Freeze option: Before adding toppings, cool chili. Freeze chili and toppings separately in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little water if necessary. Sprinkle with toppings. Yield: 3 quarts.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!