https://piemontesausage.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/is.jpg 240 240 Claude Cole /wp-content/uploads/2018/04/piemonte-sausage-logo-300x110.png Claude Cole2017-04-04 06:00:292017-03-21 12:51:46Spring - Sausage Risotto with Spring Greens
Spring – Sausage Risotto with Spring Greens
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, Swiss chard, or mustard greens (12 oz), tough bottom stems removed, leaves cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter, cut up
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, finely chopped
- 6 ounces mild Italian sausage (about 1 1/2 links), casings removed
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 5 cups low-salt chicken broth
- 3/4 cup (packed) freshly grated Parmesan cheese plus additional for serving
- Cook greens in boiling salted water just until wilted, about 1 minute. Drain; cool.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large saucepan over medium heat; add onion and garlic. Sauté until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add sausage; sauté until brown, breaking up with spoon, about 3 minutes.
- Add rice; stir 1 minute.
- Add wine; reduce heat to medium-low.
- Simmer until wine is almost absorbed. Add 1 cup broth. Stir until broth is almost absorbed.
- Add remaining 4 cups broth by 1/2 cupfuls, allowing broth to be absorbed before adding more.
- Mix in greens after 10 minutes.
- Cook until rice is tender and mixture is creamy, 25 minutes total.
- Mix in cheese and remaining 3 tablespoons butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve risotto, passing additional cheese.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!