https://piemontesausage.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/pastaaa.jpg 300 300 Claude Cole /wp-content/uploads/2018/04/piemonte-sausage-logo-300x110.png Claude Cole2017-04-25 06:00:482017-03-21 13:38:57Spring - Sausage Toss
Optional to add other spring veggies to the dish.
- 4 spicy sausage, like italian (Hot sausage works very well in this dish)
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup any color sweet pepper, cut into narrow strips
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- A package fusilli, a package rigatoni pasta (3 cups) or a package ziti pasta (3 cups)
- .25 cup of fresh mint, chopped (optional)
- .25 cup fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- Cook the pasta accoring to instructions and drain. Keep warm.
- Meanwhile remove sausage meat from the casings.
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat., add sausage meat, garlic, salt & chopped onions, stir to crumble meat
- Cook about 6 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add tomatoes to the meat mixture, turn heat to high and bring to a boil, add peppers.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in drained, cooked pasta, mint & basil.
- Remove from heat and serve.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.