This is a winner on any summer night!
– 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
– 2 Tbsp minced ginger
– 2 Tbsp water
– 3 minced garlic cloves
– Hot pepper sauce, dash, optional
– 4 medium bell peppers
– 3 small zucchini
– 2 small yellow summer squash
– 1 large onion
Optional: Other summer veggies you have available, eggplant, tomatoes, sweet peppers can be added.
Your choice for sweet or spicy use:
– Bernie’s Classic Sweet or Bernie’s Classic Fennel and Hot Sausage
– Mix the first five ingredients together and set aside.
– Cut peppers, zucchini, squash, onions lengthwise in half.
– Place vegetables in a bowl; drizzle with 1/2 cup of the sauce and toss.
– Place vegetables on a greased grill rack. Grill over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until tender and lightly charred.
– Move vegetables to make room for sausage. Keep warm and cut into bite-sized pieces. Toss with additional 1/4 cup sauce.
– Grill sausages, covered, over medium-low heat 15-20 minutes, turning often. Remove sausages from grill; toss with remaining sauce. Serve with vegetables.