https://piemontesausage.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/exps122291_SD143207A05_30_1b.jpg 300 300 Claude Cole http://pssge.accu4.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/piemonte-sausage-logo-300x110.png Claude Cole2017-01-08 14:37:062017-01-08 15:14:07Soup Series #2 - Hearty Sausage Minestrone Recipe
Hearty Sausage Minestrone Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Piemonte Italian Beer sausage (Garlic flavored Agilio-fresco or Bernie’s Classis Sweet or Hot)
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 3 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes with basil, oregano and garlic, undrained
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ditalini or other small pasta
- In a Dutch oven, cook sausage, onion, celery and carrots over medium heat 8-10 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans, broth, garlic powder and pepper; bring to a boil. Add pasta; cook, covered, 6-8 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Freeze option: Freeze cooled minestrone in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth if necessary. Yield: 8 servings (3-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Hearty Sausage Minestrone in Simple & Delicious October/November 2014