https://piemontesausage.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/exps42607_SD1440073D37D.jpg 300 300 Claude Cole /wp-content/uploads/2018/04/piemonte-sausage-logo-300x110.png Claude Cole2017-01-10 06:05:322017-01-08 15:12:31Soup Series #3 - Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
Soup Series #3 – Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
Sausage Tortellini Soup Recipe
- 1 pound bulk Piemonte Colazione sausage
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) Italian stewed tomatoes, undrained and cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz) beef broth
- 1 can (10-1/2 oz) condensed French onion soup
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large saucepan, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the water, cabbage, tomatoes, broth and soup. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8 minutes. Stir in tortellini; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Sprinkle with cheese.
Freeze option: Before adding cheese, freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally and adding a little broth, water or milk if necessary. Serve with cheese. (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Sausage Tortellini Soup in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p37
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!